Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Finished Project


I am embarrassed to admit to my 2 or 3 readers that I have not posted in so long because I could not remember my username or password to log into my blog. It's like searching for a lost object: sometimes if you stop searching for a while, then begin again with fresh eyes, it comes to you. Presto. I am back. The good news is that as a result of being gone for so long, I have many new knitted objects to share!

The sweater I have just completed is my first cardigan with a serious lacy patterned border. Looks more complicated than it really was. It was a Rowan pattern called "Cloud" from the Calmer Collection. An 80% cotton, 20% polyester fiber, this sweater is amazingly warm.

Confession time: you will notice there is only one button on my cardigan. It is VERY important to make sure that both left side and right side of your cardigan are knit exactly the same! As I tend to fudge my increases and decreases here and there, without really keeping score, one side is slightly off from the other. To the untrained eye, no biggie, right? But when you go to match up each of the 5 buttons, you can definitely see the difference a bit. Solution: one button near the waistline and the upper front lays flat, and no one's the wiser. Truth be told, I usually only button one on most of my cardigans anyway. So, voila!

P.S. My apologies for the rough self-photos. It's difficult to get a full shot of the sweater when you are trying to take the picture yourself, can't figure out the self-timer on your camera, hide the double chin (failed), get the sweater details, and keep the thighs out of the shot. Good times!

No comments: