Thursday, March 13, 2008

Kaethe saved this sweater . . .


I was at the tail end of knitting this sweater when my neighbor friend Kaethe called and invited me over for a "sewing circle" night at her place. The sweater was finally complete, and I just had to weave all the many ends into the sweater. With so many belt loops, that called for a fair amount of weaving. Sidenote: weaving in all of the loose ends is probably my least favorite part of any knitting project. Once it is all pieced together, I just want to wear it already!

So, armed with crackers, cheese, and several bottles of red wine (you may see where this story is headed...), I made my way across the street to Kaethe's. When she saw the sweater, she got so excited, and asked me to model it. While she poured me my first glass of wine, I was more than happy to show it off. I kid you not, after my first sip of wine, apparently, I was a little too excited as well, and a small dribble fell onto the front of my sweater! Catching the stain in time, a calm and collected Kaethe poured a small amount of salt onto the stain, and voila! The salt absorbed all of the wine, and the stain was literally gone within a few minutes.

I'd like to report that I wore this sweater to a party hosted by her a few weeks later, complete with a glass of red wine, and didn't spill a drop. See, you can dress me up and take me out.


P.S. This was a cheapie to make. A Patons pattern that I actually found at a Michael's store (I usually don't find much there that agrees with me.) And only 4 skeins of their Divine yarn, which ran me around $5.00 a pop.

1 comment:

K Starr said...

Gorgeous! Well done. Both on the design and knitting and the spotless nature of the finished product. That sweater must never EVER see the inside of you van, sister.