Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Would you rather have a gift that was bought for you, or made? Well, here's to hoping you said "made," mom.

This promised bag has been a long time in the making. Initially, it was meant to be a smaller, felted purse. But I goofed and used a super bulky wool. The bag knitted up HUGE....and I thought felting would shrink it down a little. It did, but not quite as much as I thought. I believe it's the periwinkle blue from Lion's Pride? Adorned with a green daisy and a few green rosettes, it is now a farmer's market bag, or hopefully a bag where you could keep your travelling knitting stash.

So, here's to my mom...who drove me to dance lessons for years, who didn't lose her shit when i refused to eat the sesame seeds on the Burger King buns, who allowed me to leave Ridgeview and go to Briarwood, and always made me the cinnamon crusts when she was baking pies. I love you mom, and promise to get my butt to the post office this week, so you can start shopping at the ever-awesome Farmer's Market in Kansas City. Or sneak over to Rodewald's to knit with your new bag in tow! Muah!

No comments: